Game Over Forum
September 18, 2018, 07:23:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Mac's Confession Music Video Storyboard in Progress  (Read 5533 times)
James Calderon

View Profile Email
« on: February 12, 2010, 10:53:57 PM »

I didn't see an introduction thread, so I'll just introduce myself really quickly:

Name's James (some people call me Jedi)
I plan on majoring in Graphic Design
I like to do random projects on the side (chiptunes, flash videos, whatever)

So... I've been a long time fan of Game Over's music ever since I heard Cataclysmic Clash at OverClocked ReMix about 4 years back, then I heard Little Mac's Confession on the same site & was blown away.  I had to buy the CDs after that.

For years I've been itching to see a music video of it done (well!).  As I'd go running I'd have visions of how it would look like (listening to my MP3 player).  Now I'm seriously starting to think of doing it myself (which is bad, because I have no video production experience).

So I started with the basic: a storyboard.  So far I have just the first 8 frames drawn:

I have the whole music video mapped out; it basically goes like this:

-prefight
-fight (w/ flashbacks interleaved)
-fight (w/ aftermath scenes interleaved)
-end of fight

Once it's all done, I'll incorporate the storyboard with the song to show how it fits.
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 02:16:55 PM »

Wow, I'm speechless, this is just awesome! I'm honored just by seeing these storyboards. They look really cool, you're very talented. So, what are you thinking? Hand drawn stuff or Flash or real actors? I would love to see it happen no matter what! Let me know if you need any help at all.

James Calderon

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 09:07:23 PM »

First, I would just like to get the storyboard done - then present it as that.

Then, (with hopefully a good budget) have it done in live action).  I'm taking a video production class right now, but I don't see this as being one of the projects; but if it were, it'd be the final one.

I don't plan on it being a quick-weekend thing.
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 07:08:35 AM »

Looking forward to this. I'm sure it's going to be awesome. Keep us posted on the progress!

James Calderon

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »

Just to let you know, I haven't abandoned this.

I've been busy working on other projects for my video class.  I'll continue working on this when I'm done with everything else.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: