Game Over Forum
September 18, 2018, 07:14:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Game Over fans make music, too?  (Read 23186 times)
HOLDPERSON

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2006, 11:33:39 PM »

I play bass guitar.
Thanks for your comments. It´s nice to see what people from other countrys think of your music  Cheesy

Hold Person: Paralyzes one humanoid for 1 round/level.
Metal Mars
Hyrule's Angel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2007, 02:51:32 AM »

oh nice Thread ^^
We have a Nintendo Song in the playlist,too.
We have cover a song from Lufia 2 Rise Of Sinistral the Sinistral theme. We call it Money :-). But we dont have a demo just a Promo of this song idea as mp3 XD.
in this Vision is on the Vocial me and on the Instrumental part Guitarpro 5. We want make a recording on the next yeahr.

Here the download link to listen XD

http://rapidshare.com/files/20959521/Money-1stDemo.mp3

How is it ?

Nintendo is Much more Metal like Spongebobe Squarepan XD
Battlerager
Heavy Mario

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 01:23:53 AM »

Guitarpro 5?

Awesome, I use it as well. I even compose with that.

About the file:
Reminds me a bit on ooooold Blind Guardian.
I mean, the style of singing, the vocal line... and the (not ultra-heavy) German accent!  Cheesy

Weiter so, gute Arbeit bisher!  Cheesy

I did some Game Music stuff as well, as I said. Whoever wants a midi/ the guitar pro file.... just ask!

Maybe I will put some links later.

For recorded versions... stay tuned! Cheesy

I don't ever want to see you
doing all the same things as me
don't ever let this be you
knowing what it is that drives me
--Dark Tranquillity - The New Build
Akomander
Hyrule's Angel

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 03:59:58 PM »

Quote from: "HOLDPERSON"
:oops: It´s english...
We are spanish, and I must admit our vocalist needs some urgent english lessons  :roll:
I´m glad you enjoyed our music though  Cheesy

And I though I was the only Spanish here...  :lol:

P.S.: Y si, un pokito de ingles no le vendría mal, pero por lo menos no pone la voz de cantante de 3 al cuarto del 99% de los grupos españoles...  :wink:

Thrash is my religion!
cpczk
Heavy Mario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 11:49:03 AM »

My band the Unlimited Pineapple Club has completed our second demo.  Check it out!  I know Battlerager has already.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B0KK5DO0

Battlerager
Heavy Mario

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 03:35:10 PM »

Indeed. And I will spread the word.
 Cheesy

By the way, some feedback for the demo:

Pineapple Bomb: Cool riffs and vocals. But it kinda feels like it drags on a bit too long. Nevertheless, great song. Best part:
The Staccatoparts like the one at 0:47.

Diarrhea: I feel like this is the weakest song on the demo. Still very good. Feels like it would rather have fit on the first demo, sound and stylewise. Best part: The one starting at 0:38. The high pitched vocals at 0:43 are hilariously funny, as well as the "shout" at 0:53. I love how the solo guitar quotes the "Insane" motive. Nice ending by the way Wink

Fried Food Funfest: I love it. The sound is really good, a huge improvement. The dual vocals sound somewhat like The Who or something. The chorus is just brilliant. Nice groove throughout the whole song. Feels really smooth, good job. The solo starting at 2:28 is cool, but it really takes off at 2:52. Rocking chord progression and nice tone, the whistling makes it perfect.
And when I thought the song was over, it hit the gas again!
Whoa, nice solo again. The drumfill at 4:49 may be rather simple , but it sounds hella agressive and powerful. After the blastfest, it simply goes back to the groove and ends with a fine chord. Amazing song and serious contender for "Best song of the demo".

(We) Read To It At Night: An Instrumental. Brilliant, every band has to have one. When the bass and the drums faded in, I thought "Okay, so this will be another whacky, fun-fest with crazy riffs!" But I was wrong. This track is immensly epic and has a really fascinating feel to it. The soloing is beautiful.
When the distortion kicked in at 1:56, I almost collapsed. This is really, really beautiful. It reminds me on Led Zeppelin somehow without sounding like a cheap fake. Wicked track.

Hypochondriasis: "Okay, so another song started by some "funny" voice intro. Kinda like 'Pineapples From The Sky'." I thought. But hell, you really caught me off guard with those recorders  Cheesy When the main riff kicked in, I felt like "ok, fancy bass line, typical UPC riff". The chorus(?) at 1:11 is catchy in a weird way. Great. (Wtf about the vocals? I always hear "I haven't had a boner in days" at 1:19...  Tongue)
The riff at 1:31 made my bro go: "Whoa, Kreator". And yes, powerful thrash riffing. Somehow I think I know that melody the lead guitar plays at 2:08. Some madness follows... and then the interlude(?) with some great "sickness" vocals. I feel like you guys got more technical and "deathy". Your vocals sound darker and more brutal and there are some crazy time sig changes in there. Wicked. Nice tapping at 3:07. Some madness again... and a "march" at 4:02. Sounds... evil. 4.12 again is immensly epic. You should keep those backing tracks. It really improves the music. I hope to hear some like that on the next release as well, eh Wink
Nice building of suspense... and the re-intro sounds soooo hilarious! The voice sounds really crazy and amused!  :lol:  :lol:
Nice Left-Right-Pan-Changes on the vocals and some crazy riffs, reminds me on the first demo. A bit of epicness at the "adrenaline is burning like a fire" part again. At 6:12 I felt a chord would come and end the song now, but the bass postponed that some seconds, with a bass line that would have sounded like Final Fantasy or something when repeated, but it didn't. I was surprised by the "All Metal Bands Do That When Playing Live"-show-off ending, but there was no better way to end an epic song like that. A brilliant conclusion for the demo.

What should I say? Well. The best tracks to me are Fried Food Funfest and Hypochondriasis. I can't decide on a single one. FFF has more "classic song structure" and familiarity, Hypo has the epic feel, the backings and the amazing riffs. Its just a bit more chaotic. (Which I don't mind. Would just have been cool to hear some of the riffs again later in the song, but, oh well, this is perfectly fine the way it is).

Summed up: Great work. "Diarrhea" sounds like 'Filler', but the rest is 'Killer'. Now, just one more demo with another set of good songs and you are ready for the first full-length release.  Cool

cpczk
Heavy Mario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 10:58:43 PM »

Wow, that's a nice lengthy review right there, man.  Thanks!  That made my day!

It would be interesting to note that "Diarrhea" was actually the first song that Mark (bassist) ever wrote.  It's actually an old song of our that we still felt was relatively strong compared to other stuff we were writing at the time.  "Fried Food Funfest" was also a  somewhat older song as well.  And I'm really flattered about your appreciatation of "Hypochondriasis."  You seem to really "get" what we're trying to do with each little section.  And about the lyrics, we'll have them all up soon.

Oh yeah, all the sound clips we use are from Rocko's Modern Life (if anyone remembers that awesome cartoon).

By the way, do you mind if I put your post on our "Reviews" page on Soundclick?

Battlerager
Heavy Mario

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2007, 01:53:19 AM »

No problem! I felt like writing one.

Diarrhea was not BAD. But it didn't stand a chance against the other tracks  :wink:

Yeah, of course I remember "Rocko's modern life"!  Cheesy

Sure, it would be an honour. Just take that review and take THAT part out:

"Indeed. And I will spread the word.

By the way, some feedback for the demo:"

And add "Review of Pineapple Bomb" instead or something like that.  :wink:

Battlerager
Heavy Mario

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 07:39:29 AM »

BUMP.

New "song" online.

www.myspace.com/monsoonthemoonson
"I just buried my pizza (it had a wounded knee, you know)"

as usual  Cool

I think all recognize the game  Cheesy

By the way: no bass track yet.

InjunHeadCoin

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2008, 02:06:17 PM »

Wire knows me as ISC on OLR, but when i perform with the video game cover band after i work and release, most likely, a Nintendo Metal Super Mario LP/EP(i haven't thought of what it's going to be), but i've recorded so far are 5 songs, but i might recorded one more tomorrow. i got a bit of 20 nintendo metal songs that i've recorded, but workin' on the editing stage and having friends of mine to do vocal on whatever songs. i'll be uploading new recording of my old songs, which sound better and a ton of new songs soon.
Shyguy
Heavy Mario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2008, 12:01:54 PM »

Great news ISC Grin
I enjoy your SMB3 cover "Death Comes from the Skies" a lot (It´s freaky with death growls in a Mario song!), so I´ll be looking forward to that Mario LP!
InjunHeadCoin

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2008, 08:22:46 PM »

Great news ISC Grin
I enjoy your SMB3 cover "Death Comes from the Skies" a lot (It´s freaky with death growls in a Mario song!), so I´ll be looking forward to that Mario LP!

thanks, the new version of "Death Comes from the Skies" will have a friend of mine that will be doing vocals(the original version, which you hear is me, doing the vocals) for me, i'll be doing the back-up, but i'll do that death growls since you like it and everyone i heard from like it as well. i got 3 SMB3 metal songs as far, the next up will be Zelda or a misc of themes or Castlevania(whatever i get done with up the mixing part). the cd maybe the lp, but i'll added extra traks to give you more than just a lp would and give people their money worth. if you or anyone wants to hear new ISC tracks before they come out(but they'll be guitar traks only, my brother is doing the drums for me now and very few friends will be done by a very few friends of mine), email me at insert_sacajawea_coin@yahoo.com.
jackiechad

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 07:09:54 AM »

I don't play music as I don't practice enough to be worth a crap  Cheesy but I've done a few mixes I'm proud of (so that kinda qualifies as "making music").  Maybe I'll put some up on the net one day.  My forte is writing.  If you ever run across a book called Teaching the Wisemen that's me.

I'm the psycho in your path
I'm the love in your craft....
Xylifrost

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2011, 06:04:52 AM »

Oh, yeah, curtain, I love you.  Lets go make fun of more people that have bad grammar.

Good night and good luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: