Game Over Forum
September 17, 2019, 04:36:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Over in swedish gaming magazine  (Read 4110 times)
Hyrule's Angel

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2006, 12:53:57 PM »

Game Over has been mentioned in the swedish gaming magazine Super Play #125.

They (the mag. that is) has a special article about gaming music, and at page 54 they write. (first in swedish from the mag, then i have translated it myself into english):

Swedish:

"Den kanske klarast lysande stjärnan på spelcoverhimlen är überambitioösa Nintendometalskallarna Game Over, ledda av svenskan Elisabeth "Wire McQuaid" Pezouvanis. Deras arbete går ut på att långsamt och metodiskt konvertera enkla NES-teman fullödiga power metal-dängor kompletta med avacerad instrumentation och kastratsång med nyskriven text på respektive spels tema.

Overclocked Remix sammanfattade det bäst i sin recension av Punch Out-tolkningen Little Mac´s Confession: "Ã…h wow. Du måååååååste ladda ner den här. ...Fantastiskt gitarrspelande och makalös text och förbannat bra sÃ¥ng... Berrätta  för dina vänner, för din farmor, för dina grannar och vem du än kan fÃ¥nga i Ã¥tminstone tvÃ¥ minuter utan att de ringer efter hjälp eller polisen.

...Allvarligt talat, det här är en MVG-mix som gör allting rätt. Nämde jag 'wow'?"

Börja här: Little Mac´s Confession

Aldrig har ett "Börja här"-tips känts mer självklart. Det här är låten som skickade ut Game Over i omloppsbana. Och det med all rätt."

English: (translation by me, so if any fault is in the text, blame me then).

"The problaby most brightest shining star on the gamecover sky is the überambitious Nintendometalheads Game Over, lead by Elisabeth "Wire McQuaid" Pezouvanis. Their work is set slowly and methodically to convert simple NES-themes to real power metal-songs complete with advanced instrumental music and high-pitched vocals with newly written text on each respectively game theme.

Overclocked Remix summarized it best in their review of the Punch Out-interpretation Little Mac´s Confession: "Oh wow. You haaaaave to download this one. ....Fantastic guitarrplaying and incomparable lyrics and damn good song...Tell this about your friends, your grandma, your neighbours and to who ever you can catch and keep for atleast 2 minutes without them calling for help or the cops.

...Seriously speaking, this is a A++ mix that do everything right. Did i mention 'wow'?

Start here: Little Mac´s Confession

Never has a "Start here"-tip felt more obvius. This is the song that sent out Game Over into orbit. And that with all right.
"

Congrats to Game Over! I raise my fist and my beer in salut to you.

Hail Game Over! We the peasants of metal hail thee.

Nothing to see here
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 02:27:44 PM »

Hella-coooool!! *said with a Cartman-like voice* Thanks a lot for posting this! Did they have a link to our homepage or something?
I saw a thread on their forum once where one of the editors called us "gay and boring but ambitious and lightyears better than Minibosses".
Big sister Wire sees everything...

cpczk
Heavy Mario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 08:55:06 AM »

Very cool, indeed.

Shyguy
Heavy Mario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 09:55:15 AM »

I just returned from an un-payed vaccation, and was very pleased to see that Game Over was among the "worlds best gamecoverbands". It´s about time Super PLAY mentioned you, and I hope you get a lot of new fans, you really deserve this!

And yes, the adress to the homepage is in the beginning of the text. Your sound is labeled as "Metal up your ass!" Quite fitting, I think   :lol:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: