Game Over Forum
July 09, 2020, 06:48:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote/Requests  (Read 78105 times)
skyarab
Hyrule's Angel

rejectinabox_13@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2006, 12:59:30 PM »

what ever wire's metal twisted mine comes up with you know its going to kick AZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

you will find me were the rock is held
Kite^
Hyrule's Angel

Jon__1717@hotmail.com Lord_of_skittles@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2006, 02:17:21 PM »

her minds not twisted....your relly getting out of line there

I once had a nightmare that x-box fused with nintendo and I woke up and had to sleep with the light on because I had just witnessed the most horrifing thing on earth
-The End-
Warren_G
Hyrule's Angel

b_warren_g
View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2006, 05:59:41 PM »

Skyarab....just relax a bit....dang everytime I leave a post I'm greeted by "AZZ!!!"

Anyway...I dunno about Final Fantasy music.....after hearing the Black Mages http://www.bluelaguna.net/music/bm/mp3s.php I can't compare another band to it for FF music, but even looking into this music will give some inspiration to anyone interested.

Like me...lol

What you see is what you've got....
Kite^
Hyrule's Angel

Jon__1717@hotmail.com Lord_of_skittles@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW
FF
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2006, 08:32:58 AM »

i love final fantasy i think the original battle music it metal all the way if played with a distorted guitar

I once had a nightmare that x-box fused with nintendo and I woke up and had to sleep with the light on because I had just witnessed the most horrifing thing on earth
-The End-
zMETALica
Hyrule's Angel

mad_duse@hotmail.com zmetallica krudeband
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2006, 04:48:36 PM »

black mages did some good covers, but others i felt could have been more guitar driven rather than keyboard driven. on these songs i think that game over can do better versions.

ZD

Band to check out:
Betrayer
Metal Underground - news/interviews
Seij

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2006, 08:51:39 PM »

I've always thought alot of the themes from "Ironsword-Wizards and Warriors II" would translate into some great metal riffs/songs.
Warren_G
Hyrule's Angel

b_warren_g
View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2006, 10:05:41 AM »

Quote from: "zMETALica"
black mages did some good covers, but others i felt could have been more guitar driven rather than keyboard driven. on these songs i think that game over can do better versions.

You're right but Nobuo Uematsu kinda changed alot of things they did y'know...in the Advent Children Section, Saria One Winged Angel was to be 100% Metal but they argued and compromised and had metal at the 3 minute 14 second section...very good

What you see is what you've got....
zMETALica
Hyrule's Angel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2006, 08:10:37 PM »

Quote from: "Warren_G"
You're right but Nobuo Uematsu kinda changed alot of things they did y'know...in the Advent Children Section, Saria One Winged Angel was to be 100% Metal but they argued and compromised and had metal at the 3 minute 14 second section...very good

yeah man the advent children stuff is godly makes black mages look like crap. it was so close to a perfect arrangement, the drums need less reverb, it makes it feel more rock-like. but yeah the chior over those guitars, just fits soooo welll. very well done on their part. then that solo comes in, not amazing, but highly effective.

the only thing that could be improved arrangement wise in my mind is doubling some of the orchestra parts with some layered guitars. kinda like at :39 seconds in. the solo at 1:05 is just so good and effective... yeah we can both agree on that.

and some of the other songs on that soundtrack are really cool, its like electronica-metal i just love that stuff. its like in the Quake 2 and 3 soundtracks.

ZD

Band to check out:
Betrayer
SectionX

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2006, 04:04:39 PM »

choices I have for remixes:

starfox snes - coneria
Metroid Prime - the credits
FF6 - Terra
Castlevania cotm - catacombs
super metroid - brinstar
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2006, 02:31:07 AM »

Terra theme...... hmm, not very likely since the best terra remix in the world has already been done (Terra in Black by Ailsean).
Brinstar - quite possible.

And what about The Goonies 2? Not Cyndi Lauper theme, but fast-tune-that-sounds-almost-like-Cyndi-Lauper-theme or Waterfall stage? I've always loved those.

SectionX

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2006, 10:25:26 AM »

Quote from: "Wire"
Terra theme...... hmm, not very likely since the best terra remix in the world has already been done (Terra in Black by Ailsean).

nono, AmIEvil's mix is still the best Smiley

hmm wasn't it Tim that loved Final Fantasy so much? I really loved the landing from Final Fantasy 8, though that is not Nintendo music Sad

yes comon, that would own so much!

And what about The Goonies 2? Not Cyndi Lauper theme, but fast-tune-that-sounds-almost-like-Cyndi-Lauper-theme or Waterfall stage? I've always loved those.

Goonies II was a fun and cool sounding game

I want more castlevania remixes, so much to choose from Smiley

I 3> castlevania.
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2006, 07:09:39 AM »

If we ever do a Bionic Commando cover, it has to be about the secret love affair between captain Rad Spencer and Super Joe. I don't know why, but the ending reminds me a little of the Brokeback Mountain kind of gayness. It's just a feeling I get.

onions
Hyrule's Angel

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2006, 02:22:05 AM »

nono, AmIEvil's mix is still the best

Are you referring to "Death on the Snow Field"? That one rocks, but I'm with Wire, Ailsean's "Terra in Black" is the best.

Are we talking about Brinstar from Super Metroid here? hmmm.. I know a very cool mix made by Protricity, one of the tracks from the Relics of the Chozo CD, a Super Metroid soundtrack project. The remix is called "Full of Life", it's very well made. I think the composition comunicates soothingness and a sort of mysticism. I just love those synth sounds.
You can download this remix from here (track #6).
Now, a heavy metal version? I just can't imagine an electric guitar or some drums, or even vocals, fitting in that melody. I think it'd be really hard to make it sound like the game.
Well it's just my opinion. Wire, I'm sure you could come up with something really nice, you're (very) creative.

*thumbs up*

If we ever do a Bionic Commando cover, it has to be about the secret love affair between captain Rad Spencer and Super Joe. I don't know why, but the ending reminds me a little of the Brokeback Mountain kind of gayness. It's just a feeling I get.

I really loved that game, and the music from the first stage (Area 1?) of course. What wouldn't I do to hear a Bionic Commando cover :twisted: . Among all the considered options, this one's the one I'm mostly looking forward to.
And about the gay lyrics, the... secret love affair :x .. you're kidding right?
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2006, 10:42:36 AM »

Quote from: "onions"
Are we talking about Brinstar from Super Metroid here?
[...]
Now, a heavy metal version? I just can't imagine an electric guitar or some drums, or even vocals, fitting in that melody. I think it'd be really hard to make it sound like the game.

Then check out Ailsean's version. I think it's called "Metaltroid" and I recall it was quite good. I'm on a 56k modem right now so I can't post a link, but just go to OCR and click on the remixer Ailsean to see his mixes.

zMETALica
Hyrule's Angel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2006, 05:56:35 PM »

i didn't like ailsean's version of metroid, don't know why. nothing beats the metroidmetal project stemage is doing/did.

ZD

Band to check out:
Betrayer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: