Game Over Forum
September 17, 2019, 05:00:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote/Requests  (Read 75853 times)
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« on: May 11, 2006, 01:19:16 PM »

Discuss requests and cover suggestions here.

Example: "omg plz remix gunsmoke kthanxbye!"

bythorsbeard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 06:22:29 PM »

This game's songs are made to be powermetal.

If you haven't played it before, there is a descent midi archive here: http://bmunderground.chaosr.com/03_music_bm.html for the game, but they're nothing compared to the game's built in sound.

think about it.

"cah' mahhn! dew iht!"
Trows

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 06:47:57 PM »

I'd LOVE to hear the "2nd city" music be remixed.

Though I think it would better suit a darker form of music, Sample here.

or for a much more upbeat sound

Unirally/Uniracers

Battlerager
Heavy Mario

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 12:08:17 AM »

Is it just Nintendo Metal or can it be Super Nintendo Metal as well? Wink

Then I would suggest the bloodpool-theme from actraiser. That one could be pretty neat Wink

I don't ever want to see you
doing all the same things as me
don't ever let this be you
knowing what it is that drives me
--Dark Tranquillity - The New Build
NykylaiHellray

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 03:11:14 AM »

Do tetris, I know ozma did a version in guitar, but dammit I want a powermetal version.

Pac man would also be cool.

Oh and a bowser boss battle theme tune turned metal would be cool, call it "bow to bowser" =P
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 05:32:28 AM »

Quote from: "bythorsbeard"
Blaster Master... for the love of god, cover Blaster Master!

I loooove Blaster Master and its music. Especially stage 3. Stage 1 and 2 are great too. I have to admit that I only reached the rest of the stages by doing a couple of hundreds save-state-load-state in an emulator.

Quote from: "NykylaiHellray"
Do tetris

I don't know about Tetris. The soundtrack consists of Russian folk music and is not original vg music. However, some of the tunes are quite nice...

Trows: Yeah, Unirally is really straight forward rock. I liked the other one better though.

Battlerager: Bloodpool theme is sick as hell! I like it.

Battlerager
Heavy Mario

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 10:23:28 AM »

Yeah, Bloodpool is so dam crazy, drives you insane! Glad you like it Smiley

It's more a heavier sound.... but as your guitar is tuned down to C (you said so, didn't you?) I think it would rock as hell, espacially thath first "riff".
And the really crazy stuff would make a good bridge... it was just an idea, I wanted to ReMix this one once but gave up since I wasn't keen on cleaning up all the tracks to create some clear, straight rhythm.... If you would do it.... awesome! If not... no problem, maybe I will give it a try again someday Wink

zMETALica
Hyrule's Angel

mad_duse@hotmail.com zmetallica krudeband
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 06:20:17 AM »

actraiser music rules! more poeple need to cover that. along with dragonwarrior music. hmm i know stemage (know for his metroid metal tunes) did a metal cover of actraiser, but no bloodpool. it still rocked. www.metroidmetal.com

ZD

Band to check out:
Betrayer
Metal Underground - news/interviews
Battlerager
Heavy Mario

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 07:28:09 AM »

Cool, thanks vor the links. I found that Actraiser track. And it HAS the bloodpool theme. Clearly recognizable after 1:09. And that "bridge" I was talking about starts at about 1:30. It's really well done and I like it. Especially the first part, that uses this city theme or whatever you call it.
But the bloodpool part...well, I would rather wanted to have a faster, double-base-driven death-metal-alike sound there. And lots of dead notes and such. And the bridge should as well have faster drums, with accent on the first notes of the measure... If you know what I mean Smiley

But it's fine. Thanks!

dragonlee71

dragonlee71 dragonlee71@sbcglobal.net
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 10:36:12 AM »

I like the jungle themes from both Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge, those would make good heavy songs

Good job on the cd, by the way. NESperado ROCKS
zMETALica
Hyrule's Angel

mad_duse@hotmail.com zmetallica krudeband
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 12:45:03 PM »

Quote from: "Battlerager"
Cool, thanks vor the links. I found that Actraiser track. And it HAS the bloodpool theme. Clearly recognizable after 1:09. And that "bridge" I was talking about starts at about 1:30. It's really well done and I like it. Especially the first part, that uses this city theme or whatever you call it.
But the bloodpool part...well, I would rather wanted to have a faster, double-base-driven death-metal-alike sound there. And lots of dead notes and such. And the bridge should as well have faster drums, with accent on the first notes of the measure... If you know what I mean Smiley

But it's fine. Thanks!

ah right it is bloodpool, for somereason i got it confused with filmore (first stage) don't know why. but yeah it is pretty good. just wish i could hear it 100% on real instruments and more straight up. and of course less 'noisy' since stemage's guitar is a bit buzzy (you can REALLY tell in his metroid metal stuff) and crap. it is good, just annoying at times. mind you i hate his drum sound. once again, not bad, just not real Tongue

ZD

Band to check out:
Betrayer
Metal Underground - news/interviews
Battlerager
Heavy Mario

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 04:42:25 AM »

Yeah, Fillmore has a pretty sweet tune as well. (I am just playing through that game at the moment, by the way Smiley

And yes, that was exactly my thought. It should be straighter, bloodpool is in C I think, and one could speed through that song with a lot of muted powerchords and stuff. The snare is what I don't like too much about his drumsound... Jah, the guitar is quite buzzy at times.

But heck, we are here to make suggestions for Game Over Songs!
So let's look for other sweet pieces of music Smiley

Akomander
Hyrule's Angel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 05:24:42 PM »

Yeah! FillMore track made me wet my pants when I first turned my Snes on those days... It was such a difference between NES tracks, and that one...

Another track that might sound a lottle "powermetalish" is "Witches Forest" from KickMaster, it might get a little repetitive after a while unless you insert some kind of solo...

P.D.: Man... I always wanted to cover those songs with my ex-band...  :lol:

Thrash is my religion!
Battlerager
Heavy Mario

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 06:53:07 AM »

Another really power-metalish track is the Red Canyon Theme from F Zero X. I realized that when playing it lately. Ah, I beat Actraiser by the way Wink
(But just with Save/Load state on emulator. On SNES I was at DEATH HEIM, but I didn't manage to beat all bosses in a row Wink

Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 03:25:05 PM »

The entire F-Zero soundtrack is filled with metal.  Smiley
Akomander: Nice sig. Metal Church!!!  :twisted: