Game Over Forum
June 19, 2019, 05:07:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bandit unsigned, döh.  (Read 4543 times)
Driam

ohmygoditssanta@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: September 28, 2007, 10:09:17 AM »

Hey.

The radio station Bandit 106-3 is having a contest.
The contest, which is called "Bandit unsigned", is one where unsigned bands send in songs they've written, forty (ten from each of four regions in sweden) of which are selected by a jury for voting, which are the voted for by the station's listeners, and the four bands that recieve the most votes then play onboard a cruise ship, where one of them are crowned winners.
The winner then gets to choose one of their songs to be featured on a compiliation-CD (called Bandit Rock vol. 2).

Now, I know the members of Game Over suffer from a rare medical condition that makes them physically unable to play any kind of instrument while within a radius of 10 m of each other, but I really think you should at least submit one of your songs.
Because even if you DO have to perform live (which is unlikely, since the competition will be harsh) I'm sure that there's a good chance that your song will be one of the ten that are selected for voting from your region.
This is a good chance for Game Over to introduce themselves to a whole new audience (meaning lots of potential buyers of your demo Wink) and considering the trouble you'd have to go through to register (I can't imagine it would take more than fifteen minutes to fill out the form and upload a song) I really think it would be mentally handicapped not to do it.

The form to be filled out is located at http://www.bandit.se/unsigned/ .
Do it. The power of your local deities compells you.
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 04:10:34 PM »

Thanks for giving us a thought and posting this!
However, this:

The contest is one where unsigned bands send in songs they've written

makes it impossible for us to participate. We didn't write our songs. This is the biggest problem vg rock bands have to deal with. Not having full copyright to our material really limits our promotional options.

But of course, there are other people with bands on this forum who might be interested.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 04:12:11 PM by Wire » Logged

Driam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 03:17:41 AM »

Well actually, the rules don't state that cover songs are not allowed.
And even if they did, you've written the songs yourselves, the fact that parts of them were inspired by miniscule 8-bit compositions from Koji Kondo changes nothing.
cpczk
Heavy Mario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »

Uh, this is just for sweden?  If not, I'd be interested.

Driam

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 09:11:10 PM »

Unfortunately, only swedish bands may enter, yes.
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 02:50:03 AM »

This is the paragraph that concerns me:

Materialet bandet deltar med får inte göra intrång i någon annans upphovsrätt och inte heller strida mot svensk lag.

Driam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 09:45:15 AM »

Damn, must've missed that part.
I still think there would be no harm in submitting something though, if it's in violation of the copyright law it'll simply be rejected and that'd be the end of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: