Game Over Forum
September 17, 2019, 09:15:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: NESperado  (Read 63245 times)
thefantomfreak
Hyrule's Angel
**
Posts: 10


View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 06:05:06 PM »

yeah i see what you're talking about, comicchaser. When i first listened to it, i felt that something seemed different, but couldn't quite put my finger on it. Just seems like the vocals were maybe recorded differently this time around or something.
Logged
Tim Reaper
Hyrule's Angel
**
Posts: 14

numbman1976@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2006, 08:34:30 PM »

There could be a lot of explanations to the difference in my voice this time around. But one of them is that On the last demo we had the oppourtunity to record the singing in an proffessional studio whilst on the second i recorded it in my own home studio.

Or mayby i just suck a bit more this time around  Cheesy
Logged
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario
*****
Posts: 376



View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2006, 04:53:07 AM »

On the new demo the voice is much louder in the mix. Which I think is a really good thing. For example, listen to the new Queensrÿche album - the vocals should've been much louder. Vocals should always be loud, lol!

There's only a dist. effect on the Siege vocals. On all the other songs I used Izotope Ozone's compressor and reverb. Pretty decent effect.

The old demo was mixed, mastered and the vocals were recorded in a million dollar studio (haha). That's why some things sound different.

And Tim, you never suck, silly! Smiley
Logged

comicchaser
Newbie
*
Posts: 8


102523771
View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2006, 03:36:01 PM »

Quote from: "Tim Reaper"
There could be a lot of explanations to the difference in my voice this time around. But one of them is that On the last demo we had the oppourtunity to record the singing in an proffessional studio whilst on the second i recorded it in my own home studio.


That may be it.

Quote
Or mayby i just suck a bit more this time around  Cheesy


Yeah right...then why would I still kill for having your singing voice? :wink:
Logged

metalbusi
Hyrule's Angel
**
Posts: 13



View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 02:54:48 AM »

While I was waiting for the order I have started reading the texts of the songs.
Did "Addicted To Vengeance" talk about Ken story or Street Fighter 2 in general? If it talks about Ken's background I'm in coplete disagreement with the lyrics. I think that the lyrics is more proper for Ryu, pushed by the desire to avenge his sensei death by Akuma.

Anyway, compliments for your works, you really rock!!!
Logged
35007
Hyrule's Angel
**
Posts: 19


View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 04:04:34 AM »

I can´t put in my vote just yet...

I have listened trough the record a couple of times now and i don´t witch one´s the best...

But close is "Siege at Monsteropolis", "Transylvanian Temptation" (i really like the growling) or "Hyrule's Angel (The Sleeping Beauty)".
Logged


Nothing to see here
cpczk
Heavy Mario
***
Posts: 68



View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 11:35:15 AM »

Still waiting for my copy..... Sad
Logged

Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario
*****
Posts: 376



View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2006, 02:49:16 AM »

I'm sorry that some of you had to wait for your CD:s. But we didn't expect to get this many orders and the printing company is pretty busy. I try to put some pressure on them. Whenever I get new copies I'm working my ass off, I can assure you.  :wink:



Quote from: "metalbusi"
While I was waiting for the order I have started reading the texts of the songs.
Did "Addicted To Vengeance" talk about Ken story or Street Fighter 2 in general? If it talks about Ken's background I'm in coplete disagreement with the lyrics. I think that the lyrics is more proper for Ryu, pushed by the desire to avenge his sensei death by Akuma.

The lyrics for the Ken song were the hardest ever to write. Ken is just a handsome dude who knows martial arts. There's really nothing more to his personality or history. But as you might remember, Ken and Ryu had the same trainer (that's why their styles are similar - it's not because Capcom wanted to save some time by making two dudes with the same fighting patterns, as some people think  :wink:  Tongue). Of course Ken wanted the same thing as Ryu - vengeance - he just had a tougher surface which made us think he was only in it for the fame.
Logged

metalbusi
Hyrule's Angel
**
Posts: 13



View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2006, 06:18:14 AM »

Quote from: "Wire"
But as you might remember, Ken and Ryu had the same trainer (that's why their styles are similar - it's not because Capcom wanted to save some time by making two dudes with the same fighting patterns, as some people think  :wink:  Tongue). Of course Ken wanted the same thing as Ryu - vengeance - he just had a tougher surface which made us think he was only in it for the fame.


Yes, I know very well the Street Fighter background and you are perfectly right, is only that i think is not "characteristic" for Ken. Thanks however to have written a song from SF, i really love this game.

Hope to se you in Italy one day.
Logged
cpczk
Heavy Mario
***
Posts: 68



View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2006, 10:38:26 PM »

Quote from: "Wire"
I'm sorry that some of you had to wait for your CD:s. But we didn't expect to get this many orders and the printing company is pretty busy. I try to put some pressure on them. Whenever I get new copies I'm working my ass off, I can assure you.  :wink:

I'm sure you're working your ass off.  I'm just really excited that's all.  Smiley
Logged

metalbusi
Hyrule's Angel
**
Posts: 13



View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2006, 10:39:17 AM »

Finally I have the new Demo Smiley !!!
The songs are great, Transylvanian Temptation above all!!!

It's my impression or the general sound is less clear then the first demo?

I'm doing more publicities that I can here in Italy to your band.
Logged
Wire
Administrator
Heavy Mario
*****
Posts: 376



View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2006, 02:04:43 PM »

I'm surprised that so many of you seem to like Transylvanian Temptation the most! Anyway, that's pretty cool I guess. About the sound: I think what makes the sound a little muffled on NESperado is mostly the drums. Too compressed in my opinion. But the unmixed drum tracks disappeared during a move.  :oops:
Logged

metalbusi
Hyrule's Angel
**
Posts: 13



View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2006, 11:24:47 PM »

Quote from: "Wire"
But the unmixed drum tracks disappeared during a move.  :oops:

 :shock: Nooooooooo :shock:
Logged
35007
Hyrule's Angel
**
Posts: 19


View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2006, 09:04:02 AM »

I think the sound is good on this NESperado, sure the drums sounds a bit "muffled" on T.T. (Transylvanian Temptation) but hey it still sounds coool!

I really love the sitar & guitar in the beginning, awesome start! And the girl singing on "Hyrule´s Angel"...i waaant mooore of her!

And please on the next demo, i want more growling!
Logged


Nothing to see here
comicchaser
Newbie
*
Posts: 8


102523771
View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2006, 05:20:50 PM »

Quote from: "35007"

And please on the next demo, i want more growling!


Objection!
Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.4 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!